Libera Spark EL
Libera Spark is a compact beam position processor that offers high-precision position measurement of different beam types (electrons, protons, ions, etc.). It is optimized to work with button, stripline and shoe-box pickups. The digital signal processing (DSP) supports detailed adjustment of the processing window and position measurement in various regimes and bandwidths.
Depending on the requirements and the Libera Spark version, the data available to the user ranges from bunch-to-bunch, turn-by-turn to slow data stream.
For demonstration purposes, Libera Spark can be fully controlled with a Qt Graphical User Interface. It uses a netcat utility that connects to Libera Spark via SCPI set/read commands. Check example figures and tutorial videos.
Libera Spark – ADC
Libera Spark – FFT
Libera Spark – Parameters
Libera Spark – TBTXY
Getting started with GUI
Set up the custom ADC sampling frequency
ADC data readout
Kees ScheidtDiagnostics Head (ESRF, Grenoble)
On our Booster beam, we collected much data and features, that we could not measure or even detect before.
Engineering ExecutiveNDA locked
The prototyping and development Instrumentation Technologies has provided for our team has been exceptional.
Libera Spark EL is used at the following labs:
- Peking University Institute of Heavy Ion Physics (China)
- Consortium for the Exploitation of the Synchrotron Light Laboratory (CELLS) – ALBA (Spain)
- SACLA – Spring-8 (Japan)
- Helmholtz Zentrum Dresden Rossendorf – HZDR (Germany)
- Institute of High Energy Physics (IHEP) – BEPC II, ADS (China)
- ADAM SA, Advanced Oncotherapy PLC (Switzerland)
- Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI) – KOMAC (South Korea)
- High Energy Accelerator Research Organization (KEK) – J-PARC (Japan)