We have a product that we would like to push through the notified body (e.g., US FCC Part15, RED directive, Electrical IEC 60950, IEC 61010, IEC 61000, IEC 60601). Can you help us?
Yes we can! We use the following procedure independent of the governing standard:
- We firstly look in the design files of the product (technical file, HW design files, Product description) to get acquainted with the matter.
- We do internal pre-check measurements to detect possible anomalies
- We go to the notified body and perform complete pre-check measurements
- We create patches to fix the anomalies (if possible during the pre-check time)
- We do the official measurements at the notified body.
How can you help us with new ideas?
We can help you define exactly what is required, document your objectives, and start formulating
ideas for a design. At the end of this process, you will be equipped with a complete specification,
defined project scope, deliverables, deadlines, and cost to ensure that all factors of the project are
well defined, and feasibility can be determined.
What sort of design expertise do you offer?
- RF and Wireless Design
- Analog Design
- Low Power Design
- FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) Design
- Embedded Software Design
How do you include us in the complete product development cycle?
We can adapt to the customer development cycle. But we can work with our own project management system. We open project overview to our customers and also allow them to actively participate in creating the next steps.
How do you finish projects quicker than normal?
- We examine the project and detect the bottlenecks based on the experience we have. We find alternative solutions for detected time consumers (Supply chain challenges, design challenges (HW and FW), production availability, etc.).
- We have experienced engineers who can adapt to challenges encountered in Supply Management
We have a medical device that needs to pass certification, are you able to help us?
Yes. We can assist with specific EMC problematics (RE, RI, CI, CE) or run your product through complete testing according to IEC 60601. We can assist with the Technical File for EU and US markets as well.
How do you avoid multiple respins in fast digital design (12 Gbit/s)?
- Domain knowledge (FPGA programming, PCB layout accompanying FPGA, low noise design, etc.)
- Verifying FPGA code prior to releasing PCB into production
- Simulation tools (HyperLynx)
- Real HW equipment used for real tests (Measurement and diagnostics equipment: Vector Analyzer (20 GHz) with TDR option, Oscilloscopes 40 Gsps, Signal generators, Signal Source Analyzer, Spectrum analyzer 26 GHz)
What do you use to speed up the HW re-spin cycles?
- On the chip, board and system level we have equipment to help us debug HW, FW quickly
- On top of that we have our own BGA rework station, which enables us to reduce time between possible re-spins
How do you assure that we know if the project is on-track?
We establish a common collaboration space in Sharepoint to exchange all the project files. We provide complete and regular sprint reflections. Our status is always known to the customer.
Where do you get ideas from?
Our company has 20+ years of experience in the most technologically demanding fields and is home to innovative brands such as Red Pitaya, Cella and Libera. We have a team of highly-skilled engineers who never run out of ideas and are always waiting to get some new things going.
Do you offer any software support for the hardware?
- We offer quick GUI solutions by using LabVIEW or MatLab tools.
- We offer a data acquisition processes by using LabView.
- We offer a support and development for the LabView drivers for our products (for instance, Red Pitaya).
How do you assure that projects will be finished?
Before we start the project we define exactly what is required and document your objectives. We provide our experienced Solutions Architects who are with you every step of the way. Early in the process, you will receive the support of our various departments to ensure that the project
is successful through each phase, on time, and within your budget goals.
How do you assure that the certification process will be completed on-time and on budget?
- We have internal engineering best practices guidelines regarding how to design and produce products to pass EMC
- We do:
- Design checks
- Pre-compliance measurements at our premises
- Pre-compliance measurements at the notified body
How fast is rapid?
Very fast. One of the projects of which we are most proud was the delivery of hardware solutions for a client that needed it done in 4 weeks. A team of 14 hardware and software engineers, quality control and supply chain team members was assembled and tasked with bringing these new product concepts to life in time. The first days were spent on design and development and were crucial in the process of meeting the deadline. We then tested the solution to minimize the risk of failing. Lastly we identified what needed to be done in terms of certification so the boards were ready for the client.
Where do electronic products normally fail during the certification process?
We see the biggest challenge in Radiated Emission and Radiated Immunity regarding EMC and poor product and project structure regarding the notified body
We are not sure that our product idea falls under medical regulation, can you help us?
Yes! We are specifically skilled in the medical field and will make sure that your product is compliant with medical regulation. During the process we will also check what requirements exist in regard to the certification of the product.
What are the biggest issues in EMC?
The most common challenges are related to radiated immunity and radiated emission in the field of 80 MHz to 1 GHz.
Up to 300 MHz mostly due to the operation of switching the power supply,
From 200 MHz to 1 GHz as a result of fast digital signals (clock, communication signals, other fast digital signals…)
Interferences resulting from the ground or earth separation due to safety standards.
Immunity in the proximity field
Very high values of the proximity field reveal EMC vulnerability
Other issues: conductive immunity, conductive emission, ESD (electrostatic discharge)…
Where are the main issues originating from in electronic EMC testing?
- Used mechanical solutions were done with implementation simplicity in mind, forgetting about electrotechnical principles (e.g., how to do terminations, fixation of bigger components, the shape of RF shields)
- Price constraints on the designs, where components related to guarding against EMC phenomena are omitted first – just one too many
- Using other manufacturers’ components or submodules, which are already close to the EMC limits themselves
- Design misconception that the certification of the final design is a sum of all EMC performances of individual components
How are you different from other solution providers I found via google?
- We have successfully finished products in the areas of expertise we claim
- We have our own products, which have also proven to be best in their class:
- Red Pitaya (Software Define Radio - SDR)
- Cella Medical (compact body composition analyser)
- Libera Digit (4-channel 500 Ms/s 14 bit digitizer)
- We are a reliable and flexible engineering team, with over 20 years of experience
Do you know everything there is in product development?
- Fair enough. Certainly not. We are quite transparent about our strengths, and we are aware of our limits.
- We do, however, have eco-system partners that we engage in our projects so that we are able to provide a full-scope service
What kind of projects do you take on?
- Here are some of the projects we recently did:
- Low power & battery powered communication devices;
- Electrical dual metrology engine meters with connection to solar inverters with PLC, WIFI, ETH
- Heavy duty RF filters for tower mount (fast trading link use case)
- Digitizers (up to 500 MS/s)
- The solutions we provide are already tested and implemented, lowering your costs and shortening the process
How quick can you turn an idea into something tangible?
You can read more under