Libera Single Pass H
The aim of a single pass phase and position measurement is to resolve the beam position and phase from the information extrapolated from the pulsed or continuous wave structures that are crossing the beam position monitor. Libera Single Pass H makes accurate beam position and phase measurements possible. Together with implemented fast communication protocols (e.g. Gb Ethernet), it represents a reliable and deterministic building block for fast feedback building or feed forward loops and thus enables to achieve higher beam stability.
- Analog and real-time digital signal processing and high-level software
- Up to four beam processors in one chassis
- Easy to integrate in any Control System
Libera Single Pass H is a system optimized for processing heavy particles beam signals in linear accelerators’ applications. The beam RF signals are first processed by means of analog signal processing, then the amplitude and phase information is extracted from the digitized signals. A digital processing system extracts then the beam phase and position information. The position and phase data is available in a stream that can be used for monitoring and feedback purposes.
1. Intel dual core COM Express with extensive communication interfaces: The latest FPGAs and a powerful personal computer based on the PCIe interface offer good resources for the implementation of low-latency control algorithms, real-time data processing and dedicated RF system diagnostics tools.
2. RF acquisition modules: The system is configured to have four satellite modules, each of which can process 5 RF inputs. One channel on each board is used as RF reference signal for measurement.
3. GDX module: Used for fast serial communication. Unidirectional Gigabit Ethernet connection as a standard solution for data streaming is offered.
4. Timing module: Fast signal interfaces used for triggering, interlock and synchronization purposes.
The Libera Single Pass H system architecture is based on PCIe implemented on AMC standards. It is a user-friendly network-attached device that has a powerful computational interconnect board (ICB) managing a number of satellite boards.
Libera Single Pass H Performance
|Signal Level [dBFS]||Measured Peak [mV]||Typical position RMS (μm)||Typical phase RMS (°)|
Libera Single Pass H Parameters
|Number of input channels (measuring)||20 (4 per module + reference channel)|
|ADC resolution||16 bits|
|Max. ADC sampling clock frequency||up to 130 MHz|
|Memory size per module||up to 8 Gbits|
Simplified Instrument/Application Development and System Integration Using Libera BASE SW Framework…ICALEPCS11, France
Kees ScheidtDiagnostics Head (ESRF, Grenoble)
On our Booster beam, we collected much data and features, that we could not measure or even detect before.
Engineering ExecutiveNDA locked
The prototyping and development Instrumentation Technologies has provided for our team has been exceptional.
Libera Single Pass H is used at the following labs:
- Los Alamos National Lab (LANL) – LANSCE (United States)
- Michigan State University (NSCL) – FRIB (United States)
- Gesellschaft fur Schwerionenforschung (GSI) – SIS 18 (Germany)
- Institute of Modern Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences – IMP-CAS (China)
- Institute of High Energy Physics (IHEP) – BEPC II, ADS (China)
- Tsinghua University (China)
- Institute for Basic Science – RISP (South Korea)
- Grand Accelerateur National d’Ions Lourds (GANIL) – SPIRAL 2 (France)
- High Energy Accelerator Research Organization (KEK) – J-PARC (Japan)
- Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI) – KOMAC (South Korea)